A Japanese chemical trading company is looking for an Assistant Accounting Manager in Düsseldorf.
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Support General Manager in managing all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Monitor and analyse accounting data and correct when necessary, and implement preventive action Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problem in the unit.
- Encourages the ongoing development of the staff Conduct fixed asset management and reconcile the data with financial statement
- Submit VAT declaration in Germany, Netherland and UK
- Submit statistic report in Germany (Z4, Intrastat, Z5a, ZM)
- Monitor payment trend from customers and liaise with them together with sales unit
- Monitor payment due date of accounts payable and ensure on time payment
- Communicate with accounting service providers in France and Hungary to ensure timely submission of financial statement and VAT declaration on time
- Support General Manager for month-end and year-end closing process
- Support General Manager for financial audit, liaise with Auditor and submit supporting document
- Support General Manager for checking annual tax returns drafted by Tax Agent, balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc.
- Ensure close collaboration with HQ in Japan for consolidation of global accounting operations
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- more than 3 years of experience in Accounting and Finance
- Good Knowledge on SAP
- Familiar with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Business Fluent in German and English
- Commitment to tasks