A market leading international company is looking for an Area Sales Manager (f/m/d) for its NRW team. The main mission of the position is to establish and research the respective market and maintain and retain the active customer portfolio, in order to meet the assigned sales targets.
The ideal candidate must have the potential and ambition to become Director of Sales Germany in 2 years (the current Director of Sales is going to be retired in a couple of years).
- Customer portfolio management.
- Perform commercial duties: Calls, mailing, visits, etc.
- Receive customers' requests and, under the supervision of the market director, decide on the quote to prepare, discounts, etc.
- Prepare commercial quotes with the assistance of the after sales service.
- Conclude the negotiations for sale orders.
- Boost turnover by maintaining the sales margins stipulated in the business plans.
- Analysis of sales performance, trends and forecasts.
- Find new business opportunities to increase sales levels with current customers.
- Regularly report the results to the Sales Director.
- Communication with the factory to keep up-to-date with the status of orders and lead times.
- Coordinate and manage the local after sales engineer.
- Visit trade fairs and/or specialist business meetings of the sector and prepare the objectives and commercial actions.
- Keep up-to-date with sector-related news through subscriptions to newsletters, associations (etc.).
- Continuous analysis of price developments, market share, new products, commercial actions, etc..
- University Degree in Business, Business Administration, Marketing or Management.
- Previous professional work experience in hot melt solutions field.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English.
- High-level proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team.
- Passion and drive for sales.
- Competitive spirit.
- Driving license.