This entry-level Engineer position is responsible for providing field service engineering activities to company customers under the direction and support of the Senior Engineer. The product is tailor-made semiconductor related inspection system. Work Place is Dresden.
- Receives service calls from customers. Determines customer need or problem and responds accordingly
- May provide over-the-phone consultation and advice to customer, may need to respond to emergency customer situation or may schedule and repair Company's products at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance on Company products.
- Establishes and manages a local maintenance service structure.
- Inspects and evaluates customer usage of Company products.
- Provides training to customers in usage and maintenance of Company products.
- Provides application support on Company products to customer
- Provides liaison between customer and applications programmer for customer requests involving change in applications.
- Researches market needs and customer applications of Company products.
- Submits application report to management in a timely manner.
- Supports sales activities and establishes and maintains good relationship with customers.
- Submits various reports, such as service reports, weekly report, and expense report to management in a timely manner.
- Receives follow-up and additional training on Company products in Japan.
- Responsible for maintaining company parts and tools.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Received previous work experience in a similar position.
- Windows operating syestem & MS Office
- German, English and Japanese knowledge
- Able to stay in Japan for some months for technical training