A market leader American company in the field of customs clearance, consulting and compliance as well as forwarding services is looking for a Senior Trade Analyst/ Customs Specialist (f/m/d) to strengthen its Global Trade Management Team in Cologne.
Experience on Trade Compliance elements (Imports, Transit, Exports, Excise, Classification, Valuation, Intrastat) as well as business level German skills are essential requirements.
· Manage assigned projects to successful results; projects may be in the areas of process and system changes, business transformations, cost saving, process improvement, risk mitigation and compliance.
· Initiate and lead cross functional and cross-country co-operation with other departments, especially operations in issue resolution, project definition and risk identification.
· Maintain service standards across clients' Customs operations and implement new processes as required by driving knowledge and experience sharing between Teams.
· Analyze, interpret and manage international trade data, such as the Tariff, Customs Regulations, Export & Import restrictions.
· Provide customer service to external clients and partners, reacting quickly and efficiently to issues, queries and assignments.
· Proactively support clients in identifying compliance risks and countermeasures and in achieving savings.
· Customs regulation changes coordination – analysis of legislative changes, define required actions and ensure these are completed.
· Experience on Trade Compliance elements (Imports, Transit, Exports, Excise, Classification, Valuation, Intrastat).
· Knowledge of ocean/air/border Customs operations.
· Experienced in project, process and data management and analysis – especially within business transformations.
· Excellent in process design and project management technics and tools.
· Excellent communication skills in German and English with history of work for German companies.
· Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic as well as strong customer service skills.
· Be a self-starting and multi-tasking individual; work independently with little supervision from the manager.
· Proven ability to think logically and strategically.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills.