An internationally operating Japanese insurance company for non-life insurance is looking for a Senior Underwriter (f/m/d) for Professional Lines
- Contribution to growth and profitability (bottom line) of the portfolio by sourcing submissions, underwriting, pricing, marketing and managing Professional Lines Insurance business and territories with the goals of maximizing the expected profitability
- Manage existing relationships with clients and brokers while also developing new business opportunities within Germany and other assigned European markets.
- Actively participate in the development of underwriting strategies
- Analyze underwriting information and ensure appropriate terms and conditions are secured
- Perform contract negotiation, attending and travelling to client meetings, presentations to customers and conducting underwriting reviews
- Cross sell other products, particularly identifying insurance needs that evolve out of an insured transaction
- Support the Head of PL, Germany in developing, launching and maintaining local language product versions for assigned European markets, watch local market and products developments.
- A recognized qualification in law, economics and/or finance.
- 7-10 years in Professional Lines Insurance underwriting
- In-depth knowledge of the German Professional Lines Insurance market, regulation and products
- In depth product knowledge and past underwriting experience in at least two of the Professional Lines sub classes:
- Management Liability (D&O, Commercial Crime, EPL, PTL/Fiduciary, POSI)
- Financial Institutions (FI D&O, FIPI, BBB)
- Professional Indemnity (Regulated and not regulated professions)
- Excellent networking skills and relationships with clients and brokers in Germany
- Experience with a start-up company or the development of new business and/or new products within an established company is a plus
- Busines fluent in German and English