A leading data-driven payment consultancy company is looking for a Payments Consultant (f/m/d) in Duesseldorf. They are offering industry-related training and a good opportunity to grow fast within the company.
- Initial 6 months, whilst working as a consultant will be spent learning the role of the project delivery team, understanding the complex data analysis as well as shadowing senior consultants
- Responsible for managing and driving current and new income opportunities through a client portfolio of 10-15 clients in line with agreed targets
- Lead client projects from successful sale through to completion of project and collection of the relevant fees
- All client projects require consultants to:
- Oversee and critique all qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Prepare professional presentations and present findings to clients
- Negotiate directly with suppliers
- Prepare any tender or contractual documentation required to support the project
- Calculate any fees arising from the project and ensure accuracy of invoices raised
- Effectively manage all client communication throughout the project
- Target opportunities for cross-sales
- Share project learnings with the wider team
- Become the product expert on all matters concerning the payments market.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across many departments including Analysts, Consultants, Business Development, and the Economics teams.
- Where required, attend relevant seminars, conferences, and webinars.
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2.3 grade (preferably in Mathematics, Economics, or a Business-related degree)
- Minimum 2 years of commercial, client-facing experience in a Consultant, Relationship Management, Commercial or Project Manager role
- Experience in pitching to C-Suite Executives is highly desirable
- Excellent public speaking skills and genuinely enjoys delivering presentations.
- Excellent ability to persuade and negotiate.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at any one time.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Performance-focused with a desire to succeed and drive company revenue.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Excel and other major Microsoft Office programs
- Business fluent in German and English